Billionaire entrepreneur and owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban, is an extremely intelligent individual and a savvy investor. Believe it or not, in his busy schedule he still finds time to read all of his emails. In his own words, here are the 10 rules Mark suggests you follow when emailing him about investing in your company.
- Email Mark Cuban at Mark@hd.net or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explain your business in 3 short paragraphs or less
- Say why your business is a real business that can make money.
- Describe how you met the people you founded the company with and what your skill sets are briefly.
- Tell Mark why he or his money would add value to the company.
- Include a link to your website.
- Don’t ask him to sign an NDA. Let him understand the business. He is a savvy billionaire who does not need to steal your idea.
- Don’t try to arrange a phone call or a meeting. Most of the companies Mark invests in, he does not talk to on the phone or ever see in person before investing.
- Do not email him more than once. Mark respond to about 5% of the pitches since he only likes about 5% of what he sees.
- Wait about 10 minutes and if he loves it, he will write you back shortly to get more info.
A tiny exclusive from the TechCrunch 50 Conference